As a full-services periodontal and implant practice, we offer a spectrum of services to better serve our patients' needs. We've included definitions of the services we provide to help clarify their meaning and provide a more comprehensive list of the treatments Dr. Provines performs.
- Single Implants - One implant designed to replace a single missing tooth or two adjacent missing teeth.
- Multiple Implants - Implants to replace missing teeth in your smile, wherever they occur.
- Implant-Retained Removable Dentures - Dentures that lock-on to dental implants and can be removed for cleaning and maintenance.
- 3D Imaging and CT scan-guided implant surgery - Using this technology, implant therapy can be completed in a single visit. The patient doesn't have to wait six months for the teeth to be placed on the implants.
- Conservative Non-Surgical Therapy - Deep cleanings can often alleviate symptoms when cases are mild or moderate.
- Scaling and Root Planing - We remove bacteria from below the gumline and polish tooth surfaces to encourage healing.
- Antibiotic Therapy - Placing topical antibiotics in the diseased pockets can reduce the infection and promote healthy gum tissue.
- Conventional Surgical Therapy - Conventional surgery involves removing diseased gum tissue with traditional methods.
- Flap Osseous Surgery (Pocket Reduction) - The gums are temporarily separated from the tooth, so the doctor can access the root and bone.
- Crown Lengthening - A portion of the tooth structure is exposed in order for a crown to be successfully attached.
- Regenerative Procedures - Membranes, bone grafts, or tissue-stimulating proteins are used to rebuild bone tissue.
- Guided Tissue Regeneration - Barrier membranes are used to direct the growth of new gum tissue.
- Guided Bone Regeneration - Barrier membranes are used to direct the growth of new bone tissue.
- Ridge Preservation - Prior to placing a dental implant, we can rebuild bone with a specialized substance to help optimize aesthetics, health, and function.
- Ridge Augmentation - This procedure is performed to fill in ridge defects and recapture the natural contour of the gums.
- Sinus Graft - The doctor gently lifts the sinus cavity and places bone tissue underneath to support an implant.
- Frenectomy - A band of tissue that impairs speech or prevents dental reconstruction can be removed in a short, low-risk procedure.
- Exposure - Un-erupted teeth can be exposed to facilitate orthodontic therapy.
- Root Coverage - Covering exposed tooth roots can eliminate tooth sensitivity and promote a more attractive smile.
- Cosmetic Crown Lengthening - The doctor can remove overgrown gum tissue to reveal a fuller, brighter smile.
- Gum Recontouring - Gum overgrowth associated with medications and pregnancy can be resolved with recontouring procedures.
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery - Minimally-invasive plastic surgeries are done to improve the esthetics of a smile.
Oral Medicine - Diagnosis and management of:
- White and Red Oral and Lip Changes
- Oral and Lip Ulcers
- Lichen Planus
- Canker Sores
- Cold Sores
- Erythema Multiform
- Soft Tissue Growths
- Neuropathic Pain
- Burning Mouth Syndrome
- Dry Mouth
- Short- and Long-Term Complications of Head and Neck Cancer Treatment